You can download frog PNG image with transparent background you can download for free, just click on it and save.
This image has format transparent PNG with resolution 2173×1419.
You can download this image in best resolution from this page and use it for design and web design.
A frog is any member of a diverse and largely carnivorous group of short-bodied, tailless amphibians composing the order Anura (Ancient Greek an-, without + oura, tail). The oldest fossil “proto-frog” appeared in the early Triassic of Madagascar, but molecular clock dating suggests their origins may extend further back to the Permian, 265 million years ago. Frogs are widely distributed, ranging from the tropics to subarctic regions, but the greatest concentration of species diversity is in tropical rainforests. There are approximately 4,800 recorded species, accounting for over 85% of extant amphibian species. They are also one of the five most diverse vertebrate orders.
The body plan of an adult frog is generally characterized by a stout body, protruding eyes, cleft tongue, limbs folded underneath, and the absence of a tail in adults. Besides living in fresh water and on dry land, the adults of some species are adapted for living underground or in trees. The skin of the frog is glandular, with secretions ranging from distasteful to toxic. Warty species of frog tend to be called toads but the distinction between frogs and toads is based on informal naming conventions concentrating on the warts rather than taxonomy or evolutionary history; some toads are more closely related to frogs than to other toads. Frogs‘ skins vary in colour from well-camouflaged dappled brown, grey and green to vivid patterns of bright red or yellow and black to advertise toxicity and warn off predators.
Advantages of frog PNG image Format
- Higher bit depths (more colors) PNG allows for 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 24 and 32 bit images, smashing the 8-bit barrier
- A permanent, royalty-free license PNG is being developed by the W3C, and will always be a free and open standard
- Multiple layers of transparency frog PNG image images allow for full alpha channel transparency, which makes moving images from one background to another easy.
- Uses a lossless image compression technique, hence no information is lost and the image is retrieved keeping the same quality.
- Supports all the true colors, unlike the contemporary GIF format which only supports 256 colors.
- Alpha channel support in PNG images allows transparency of the file format which is not possible with other file formats.