You can download Cheetah PNG with transparent background you can download for free, just click on it and save.
This image has format transparent PNG with resolution 199×249.
You can download this image in best resolution from this page and use it for design and web design.
The cheetah is a large felid of the subfamily Felinae that occurs mainly in eastern and southern Africa and a few parts of Iran. The only extant member of the genus Acinonyx, the cheetah was first described by Johann Christian Daniel von Schreber in 1775. The cheetah is characterised by a slender body, deep chest, spotted coat, a small rounded head, black tear-like streaks on the face, long thin legs and a long spotted tail. Its lightly built, slender form is in sharp contrast with the robust build of the big cats, making it more similar to the cougar. The cheetah reaches nearly 70 to 90 cm (28 to 35 in) at the shoulder, and weighs 21–72 kg (46–159 lb). Though taller than the leopard, it is notably smaller than the lion. Basically yellowish tan or rufous to greyish white, the coat is uniformly covered with nearly 2,000 solid black spots.
Cheetahs are active mainly during the day, with hunting their major activity. Adult males are sociable despite their territoriality, forming groups called “coalitions”. Females are not territorial; they may be solitary or live with their offspring in home ranges. Carnivores, cheetah mainly prey upon antelopes and gazelles. They will stalk their prey to within 100–300 metres (330–980 ft), charge towards it and kill it by tripping it during the chase and biting its throat to suffocate it to death. The cheetah’s body is specialised for speed; it is the fastest land animal. The speed of a hunting cheetah averages 64 km/h (40 mph) during a sprint; the chase is interspersed with a few short bursts of speed, when the animal can attain 112 km/h (70 mph), although this is disputed by more recent measurements. Cheetahs are induced ovulators, breeding throughout the year. Gestation is nearly three months long, resulting in a litter of typically three to five cubs (the number can vary from one to eight). Weaning occurs at six months; siblings tend to stay together for some time. Cheetah cubs face higher mortality than most other mammals, especially in the Serengeti region. Cheetahs inhabit a variety of habitats – dry forests, scrub forests and savannahs.
Advantages of Cheetah PNG Format
- Higher bit depths (more colors) PNG allows for 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 24 and 32 bit images, smashing the 8-bit barrier
- A permanent, royalty-free license PNG is being developed by the W3C, and will always be a free and open standard
- Multiple layers of transparency Cheetah PNG images allow for full alpha channel transparency, which makes moving images from one background to another easy.
- Uses a lossless image compression technique, hence no information is lost and the image is retrieved keeping the same quality.
- Supports all the true colors, unlike the contemporary GIF format which only supports 256 colors.
- Alpha channel support in PNG images allows transparency of the file format which is not possible with other file formats.